Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Do, Do, Do, The Funky Gibbon.....

.....We are here to show you how" etc etc
Well, I've been looking for one of these funky 70's air cleaners for yonks with no luck. Then, on that auction site we all love to hate I found one. Listed as a Sportster item. So no bids and 10 bucks later it was all mine, mine I tell you hahahahahahaha!! I just ponced around adding some new holes to the back plate and Bobs your uncle. All ready for the ride tomorrow morning out to Phoenix for the Love party, nice.


6 comments:

  1. dig it! Have a great run tomorrow, sorry I can't make it. Send my love to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet one. Have a NicE ride freind. Cheers from Copenhagne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool, I've also added one to my bike recently!
    http://zzchop.blogspot.com/2009/12/new-but-old-aircleaner.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did you get those brass pushrod collars? who made em. thanks man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks chaps, I love that thing. Although the bike ran like shit for the first 100 miles till I added some spacers to the back plate 'cos it was blocking a breather hole on the S&S Super E. I just wasn't thinking in my haste to get it fitted and get going. Anyways, those brass pushrod collars came from Indian Larry when we went to the shop in Brooklyn a few years ago. They had the whole alphabet at the time. I reckon it would be worth getting in touch with the new guys who run that company now and see if they still have them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matt you some bitch! I just grabbed one of those at a swap and planned to put it on a pan shovel that I'm about to pick up. You're always one step ahead I guess.

    ReplyDelete