Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Calvin's Dad's Bike





"Hi Matt,
It was a pleasure meeting you at the Lone Wolf the other night. I saw you enjoyed the Sportster that I had on my cell phone so I thought I'd send you some better pictures.
My father, originally from NJ, bought this sporty brand new in 1969 when he was 20. (he had his grandfather cosign for it because his ol'man wouldn't do it!) The bike didn't stay stock for long and went through many changes. The photos enclosed were taken around 1972 in its second stage.
The paint job and mold work were done by Joe the Beatnik from the Suffern, NY area. The struts, sissybar, and the super high, highway pegs were done by a friend.
One of the cool tricks this bike had was the ribbed rear fender was adjustable so he could "un-chop" it and pass the state inspection. Back then NJ was cracking down on fenders, front brakes, handle bars, mufflers, you name it.
Someday if I have the dough, I'd like to build a clone of it.
Take care,
Cal
ps I'll have Ken keep you updated on the Strange Days event we're trying to put together"

1 comment:

  1. the 2nd photo looks like fast sex in a parked car! and not a fist pump insight!

    ReplyDelete