Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hot Bike Japan


My good friend Izumi Shirase is an absolute maniac. The first time I met him was at a party in downtown Los Angeles and he was extremely intoxicated and was in the middle of getting a homemade tattoo that read 'Harly Davison'. As you can imagine we became friends for life from that moment on. What I didn't realize at the time was that he was one of the original co founders of the legendary Hot Bike Japan magazine. They are celebrating their 20th year anniversary and are the first ever Harley Davidson only publication in Japan! The other co founder is chief editor, Shin Ikeda. It is my favourite Japanese magazine and it didn't take long for me to weasel my way in with Izumi and promise him all kinds of amazing things I could never make happen, and he put me on the payroll with HBJ. I have been writing my own essay page for the past 10 issues and I can honestly say they are terrible. One that comes to mind was 'Ultimate Biker Pet'...the snake was stupid and the dog was too cute. The chimp won by miles because it is the ultimate punching, smoking, passenger.
Congrats Hot Bike Japan...I can't believe people are still buying that shit after 20 years.

5 comments:

  1. I,too can not believe all the bullshiit we do and write and still somehow around after 20 years.
    well, thank you all for stealing from bookstore and selling it on e-bay(good way to make money).
    p,s,
    for some strange reason Dean and Jason are very popular in Japan,,,,What's wrong with those guys who like Dean or Jason(jessi or wilson).
    P,s,s,
    Thank you very much for your support for Hot Bike Japan, and I really mean it.
    to prove that, i will swallow next time.
    Izumi from HBJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you know that other people can read this right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I didn't write something gay or faggish(??)thing.

    ok,Dean, I see you at Rusty nail on Santa Monica blvd around 10 tonite.

    ReplyDelete